Sherpa Technology Group, distributor of premium audio, video and communications products to the Canadian marketplace is looking to fill the newly created role of Director of Brand Development.
Working from Sherpa’s Montreal or Mississauga location, the successful candidate will assume a new position within Sherpa Technology Group, one that is positioned at the intersection of many departments, including sales, marketing, communications, brand stewardship, and more.
“It is a very exciting time to be with us at Sherpa Technology Group. We have seen tremendous growth recently, and with that success comes the need to scale our operation, as well as expand the breadth and capabilities of our team.” says Philippe Rayes, President, and CEO of Sherpa Technology Group. “There lies a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us, and we are excited to add this critically important function to our growing team. The Director of Brand Development will wear many hats and we’re excited to begin speaking with potential candidates.”
Specific responsibilities for the Director of Brand Development will include:
- Ensure and optimize the deployment of effective brand development strategies such as new brand, and new product launch initiatives,
- Drive our continuing training and educational programs, including but not limited to webinars, in-person seminars, tutorials, special events, etc.
- Conceive, develop, and implement distributed brand strategies within the Canadian B2B CI & specialty AV retail market,
- Assist Sales & Business Development teams to attain their sales targets,
- Liaise with vendor partners, and oversee purchasing & pricing structure,
- Identify and pursue new brand distribution opportunities,
- Work in close collaboration with Marketing team to help design and implement various marketing initiatives,
- Work in close collaboration with Business Development team to ensure adequate and appropriate brand representation throughout our network of authorized dealers,
- Other related tasks and responsibilities as required,
- Some travel may be required for this role.
Candidates interested in this position should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in marketing and brand management, preferably in consumer electronics,
- Comfortable presenting to small & medium-size groups of people in various roles, including (but not limited to): retail sales staff, business development associates, purchasers, media representatives, manufacturer representatives, management, and executive staff,
- Excellent team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills,
- Be flexible and invested in the success of the team and our customers.
The successful candidate will enjoy an exciting new role in a fast-paced environment, as well as a competitive compensation package and a range of generous benefits. Qualified candidates can send their resume and cover letter to Philippe Rayes at [email protected], or can reach out by phone at 866-767-6584 (ext 1102), or on LinkedIn.
About Sherpa Technology Group
Founded in 2001, Sherpa Technology Group is a “one stop shop” distributor of premium communications and custom audio video products, with office and warehouse locations in Mississauga, ON and Dorval, QC. Sherpa Technology Group prides itself on its vast array of quality solutions, backed up by a promise of best in-class knowledge & support. Visit http://www.sherpagroupav.com for brand details.