Wemo, the home automation and Internet of Things brand from Belkin International, today announces the new Wemo Smart Dimmer with Thread technology, enabling users to control their lights from anywhere through the Home app, Wemo Stage or by asking Siri.
Thread technology is the latest and most advanced connection available for smart accessories, offering a separate mesh network for connected devices. Working exclusively with HomeKit, the Wemo Smart Dimmer is Thread certified and built on technology to allow a faster and more reliable connection. Users can dim or turn lights on and off from anywhere through an iPhone, iPad, Wemo Stage, or by asking Siri, or can set schedules in the Home app. By linking the Smart Dimmer to other HomeKit devices including the Wemo Smart Video Doorbell, users can also activate lights when motion is detected.
- Works with neutral or no neutral wiring, offering a universal solution for homes old or new
- Supports Thread and Bluetooth
- Provides easy setup with NFC — tap iPhone to the Smart Dimmer and follow the prompts to start controlling in seconds
- Built with flicker-free technology
- Works exclusively with Apple HomeKit
- Replaces single-pole switches only; not compatible with 3-way switches
The Wemo Smart Dimmer with Thread expands the company’s growing suite of smart home accessories that offer HomeKit integration, eliminating the need for the Wemo app. The new Smart Dimmer joins the Wemo Stage and Wemo Smart Plug in the company’s Thread-enabled product collection.
The Wemo Smart Dimmer with Thread is available to order today for $59.99 USD at Belkin.com.