–- Advertisement -–
McIntosh has introduced the MCD12000 SACD/CD Player. While classified as a CD player, the MCD12000 serves as a reference level digital-to-analog convertor (DAC) that includes reference level SACD/CD playback capabilities. Music played through MCD12000’s digital inputs or compact discs is processed by professional grade 8-channel DACs, designed for premium audiophile performance.
The MCD12000 offers both balanced and unbalanced fixed analog outputs in both solid-state and vacuum tube configurations. The multiple output options offers flexibility based on music selection, the configuration of your home audio system, and personal sound preferences.
MCD1200 KEY FEATURES
- (2) ESS SABRE PRO ES9038PRO 32-bit/8-channel DACs, with (1) DAC dedicated to the left audio channel, and (1) DAC dedicated to the right audio channel
- ESS’ patented HyperStream II architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator
- Separate digital and analog power supplies to keep power and audio signals free from cross contamination
- Specially constructed R-Core power transformer to minimize noise radiation
- (7) digital inputs: (2) coax, (2) optical, (1) USB (Type B) for computer-based audio, (1) AES/EBU, and (1) MCT input
- Coax and optical inputs support up to 24-bit/192kHz and the USB input supports up to 32-bit/384kHz, as well as DSD512 and DXD384kHz
- All outputs are driven by discrete amplifiers or a blend of vacuum tubes and discrete amplifiers
- (1) 12AT7 tube and (1) 12AX7A tube are assigned to each the left and right audio channel
- Solid-state output is via a discrete balanced op-amp
- Included digital coax and optical output for added system flexibility
- The disc transport has a precision die-cast aluminum tray that provides smooth and quiet disc handling, while an advanced digital servo provides fast, quiet, and accurate operation.
- Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs
The MCD12000 embodies classic McIntosh styling, boasting stainless steel with hairline brushed black titanium that matches the company’s C12000. The front of the unit features the brand’s black glass panel, illuminated logo, control knobs and controls, moving meters, as well as custom machine-brushed aluminum handles. The top includes a glass panel listing performance specs and a block diagram of the audio signal path. A pair of 60dB output meters show the signal level that’s being delivered from the analog outputs of each channel. While the volume is controlled by your preamplifier, integrated amplifier, or other control device, the meters on the MCD12000 will respond to the music being played through it and move back and forth accordingly.
Orders for the MCD12000 can now be placed with Authorized McIntosh dealers. Shipping is expected to begin in May 2022 to the United States and Canada, and to the rest of the world shortly thereafter. Suggested retail price (VAT, shipping and any customs duties related to current standards of individual countries are excluded): $12,000 USD.
Founded in 1949, all McIntosh products are handcrafted at the Binghamton, NY factory by over 170 employees Since its inception, McIntosh has been powering some of the most important moments in music history and pop culture. From President Lyndon Johnson’s inauguration speech to Woodstock to the famous Grateful Dead “Wall of Sound.”