PSB Speakers, marking a 50-year milestone in loudspeaker design this year, has announced the Synchrony T800 Premium Towers as the newest addition to the brand’s flagship Synchrony Series, alongside the T600 Tower and B600 Bookshelf Speakers. The T800 Premium Towers are now available across North America and retail at US$11,999/CA$16,999 a pair MSRP. The T800 comes in Satin Walnut Veneer and High Gloss Black finishes.
The T800 represents a more robust design of PSB’s T600 Tower Speakers launched in 2021. The T800 expands the Synchrony flagship series and features larger drivers, a wider frequency bandwidth and larger power handling capacity than the T600. In a written statement PSB observes; “the T800 carry the largest and most accurate performance envelope of any PSB loudspeaker to date and delivers a caliber of micro-detail and realism that exceeds previous flagship designs by the venerated brand.”
The T800 Premium towers feature a 5-way transitional array employing three 8″ woofers, a 5.25″ midrange driver, all featuring cast baskets and woven carbon-fibre cones, and a 1″ titanium dome tweeter in a heavily braced MDF cabinet.
The new driver platform results in a dramatic reduction of non-linear distortion, allowing for higher sound pressure levels without compression or increased THD and IM distortion. This can be immediately recognized by a more open midrange and deep bass impact. Small gradations in sound, or micro-dynamics, are vastly improved compared to the brand’s previous driver platforms. The advanced driver assembly features Faraday rings, shorted turn, longer voice coil, and a symmetrical magnetic drive to reduce driver distortion. The crossover in the T800 Premium Tower is the most advanced amplitude-perfect Linkwitz-Riley 4th order crossover that PSB Speakers has ever utilized, featuring high-voltage poly film capacitors and oxygen-free interconnect wire for complete driver control. The T800s were fine-tuned by a team of acoustic experts under the direction of PSB Founder and Chief Acoustic Designer, Paul Barton.
Key Features of the Synchrony T800
- Frequency Response on axis @0 +/- 1 1/2db of 24-20,000Hz
- 1 x 1″(25mm) titanium dome tweeter with Ferrofluid damping and neodymium magnet
- 3 x 6.5″(165mm) woofers and 1 x 5.25″(133mm) midrange driver with woven carbon fibre cones, cast aluminum baskets, mass-loaded rubber surrounds, and advanced motor structures
- Amplitude-perfect Linkwitz-Riley 4th-order acoustic crossover with high-voltage poly film capacitors and oxygen-free interconnect wire
- All-new five-way transitional array design
- Low-resonance MDF cabinet with extensive bracing and decoupled aluminum-clad front baffle
- Individually tuned chambers with rear-firing ports for each woofer
- Outrigger stabilizers with integrated IsoAcoustics isolators
- Satin Walnut Veneer and High Gloss Black finish options, with acoustically transparent magnetically attached grilles