Manager, Mobile Electronics
Reports To: Director, Sales
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Head Office, 90 Royal Crest Court, Markham, ON L3R 9X6
Gentec International is a leading consumer accessories supplier in Canada that aspires to continuously stay on top of international and local market trends, with a specific focus on the imaging, electronics, wireless, audio, sporting goods, and mobile electronics markets. Gentec supplies prominent brand names including Sigma, Manfrotto, Gitzo, Roots, iQ, SanDisk, Zeiss, iShieldz, Energy, Klipsch, Pioneer, Onkyo, Ultralink, Stinger, Alpine and more. Gentec can react quickly to customer’s needs by keeping an incredibly diverse on-hand inventory in our 100,000 square foot warehouse and distribution center providing seamless service across the country. Gentec International is a recognized leader and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We have been in business since 1990 with a client list that includes major CE Retailers, Mass Merchants, and independent Retailers across Canada.
What we’re looking for:
This role is responsible for overseeing the Mobile Electronics product category. The successful candidate must be goals oriented, hands-on, and have the ability to prioritize multiple activities simultaneously. This role will deal directly with suppliers, sales reps, and customers.
In this role, the responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Sales: Work with key accounts and Sales Reps to set forecasts and promotional calendars, achieve sales and gross margin targets, identify new business opportunities, and submit sales claims in the format required by the supplier.
- Supplier Relations: Work closely with suppliers to support their forecasting and purchasing processes, keep updated on new product and technology releases, and participate in their regular meetings.
- Customer Relations: Maintain strong relations with customer accounts, work to quickly resolve order and product issues, including technical support issues, or other needs as they arise.
- Sales Rep Relations: Actively manage the Rep team to support sales promotions and drive improvements to sales performance
- Service Support: Oversee the service processes as required by each supplier
- Product Setup: Ensure products are setup in the ERP and e-commerce systems, including product features, dimensional and packaging information, and images
- Purchasing: Oversee the purchasing of product according to forecasts and coordinate special orders as required
- Pricing: Maintain and update product pricing, distribute price lists as required
- Inventory: Manage current and aging inventory, submit production/rework requests as required
- Reporting: Obtain and distribute purchasing, sales, and inventory reports to relevant parties
- Communication: Filter, manage, and become involved in the daily flow of internal and external communication and issue resolution
- Events: Participate in customer and supplier special events and trade shows
- Perform other relevant duties as required
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have 5+ years prior sales experience, preferably in the electronics and/or mobile entertainment product field.
- Completed College diploma or University Degree in Business Administration is preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proven success in a fast-paced work environment with constantly changing priorities
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and working with an ERP (SysPro an asset)
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- On-Site Gym
- Extended Health Benefits
- RRSP Package
- Employee Discounts
- A friendly and supportive “Gentec family” atmosphere where your contributions are recognised and awarded
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and recruitment and selection processes. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We invite you to join us by forwarding your resume to [email protected] (please quote Manager, Mobile Electronics – GTMME 042023 in subject line).